Web Design
 Police Beat

Call 01642 302930 for Neighbourhood Policing matters

Village Ward

Click here for the Village page

Mandale and Victoria

Click here for the Mandale and Victoria page

Top Policing Priorities In  This Ward

 Anti-Social Behaviour
Off road motorcycles
Drug dealing


Ward Surgeries - Meet  Your Neighbourhood Officers

 Monthly meetings are held with Village Park Residents Group and Bader Residents Committee.
Local Initiatives

 Operation Glass. Operation Reduction. Operation Ford*. Joint operations with off road motorcycles.
Contact Details

There is a single contact number for your Neighbourhood officers -01642 302930      



I have got a speeding ticket but I have misplaced my licence, what should I do?

Your answer to this question based on the current law is:

You should attend at your chosen police station with the ticket and the rest of your documents (insurance and MOT) in order to comply with the ticket.

The person who takes the details will then note that you have not produced your licence and you are likely to be reported.

The speeding ticket and the failure to produce your licence will both be dealt with at court and a summons will be issued to you in due course.

You do not always have to attend court and may be able to plead guilty by letter. The summons you receive will tell you whether this is possible.

It is advisable if you have not already done so to apply for a new licence as soon as possible.

If the licence comes shortly afterwards then it may be worth contacting the central ticket office of your local police force to see if they will allow you to pay the speeding fine without the possibility of attending court.

This is discretionary as after 28 days a summons will be issued.

I have a collectable samurai sword, am I able to keep this or sell it?

Your answer to this question based on the current law is:

It is now an offence to sell, hire, import, lend or give to another person a samurai sword with a curved blade of more than 50cm.

I found a dog without a collar or owner whilst walking, should I contact the Police?

Your answer to this question based on the current law is:

As of the 6th April 2008 the police no longer have a responsibility towards stray dogs.

This has been handed over to local council authorities. If you find a dog, please contact your local dog warden. The police will no longer take in stray dogs.




Neighbourhood Policing Teams     01642 302 930

Neighbourhood Enforcement Officers   01642 528 034

Security Surveillance Centre   01642 528 989

North East Crimestoppers   0800 555 111

Trading Standards & Licensing   01642 393 939

Anti-Terrorism Hotline  0800 789 321

Neighbourhood Watch Liaison Officer  01642 302 341

[VPRA Home] [VPRA Location] [Contact Us] [Handy Contacts] [Local Services] [2015 Blog] [Blog Archive] [VPRA Legal] [Police Beat] [School Info] [Medical Health] [Recycle] [Bloomers] [Local History] [Healthy Walks]
Free Counter
Acuvue Contact Lens


Latest News.

Dates for your diary.





Free Web Hosting